SANDY HOOK FEMA DRILL 12/14/12
Reuben F. Bradford, Commissioner
State Response Framework
CEO/EMD Disaster Preparedness
Strategic Planning and Grants
Citizens Corps Advisory Council
Dec 14, 2012
FEMA L-366 Planning for the Needs of Children in Disasters
The goal of the course is to enable participants to improve their community’s mitigation and emergency operations plan specifically regarding the needs of children. The course will provide them with the information needed to address the unique needs of children prior to, during and following disasters. It will also provide them guidance and direction on how to form coalitions and how to become advocates for the unique needs of children in all aspects of emergency management.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
• Articulate the importance of providing for the needs of children in disasters in your community’s current emergency management plan.
• Explain what is required to keep children safe in emergencies and why those needs are unique.
• Explain the assumptions, concept of operations, organization and assignment of responsibilities that address the unique needs of children prior to, during and following disasters.
• Explain the planning components necessary to address the unique needs of children prior to, during and following disasters
• Incorporate the unique needs of children in disasters into Emergency Operations Plans
• Identify stakeholders and organizations that can assist in preparing for the needs of children in disasters.
• Initiate steps to form coalitions and build teams that have a stake in keeping children safe in disasters
The target audience for this course is local and state emergency managers and planners, Child Services Agencies, NGO’s, Child Care Providers, Schools, and Faith-based Organizations.
1. As of October 1, 2012 anyone applying for FEMA courses must obtain a FEMA Student Identification (SID) number. For more information and to obtain a SID go to: https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid/
You will need this number to complete the course application form (119-25-1) that will be filled out at the beginning of the class. FEMA certificates will be mailed to participants after completion of this course.
2.Class size is limited to 30. Please sign up as soon as possible to guarantee a spot in the class of your choice.
3. There are no prerequisites for this class.
4. There is no cost for the class and lunch is on your own.
Please watch this short video on how to setup an account.
Location: 2800 Main Street, Bridgeport, CT
This event is 46 miles from you (06106).
9 AM – 4 PM
Contact: Christopher Ackley
5 of 40 seats still available
Last day to register: 12/13/2012
Sorry, you may not register for this event.
Input your zip code to calculate the distance to the event:
DEMHS Calendar of Events
Sandy Hook Shooting: Pictures stainglassSandy Hook Shootings: FIRE CHIEF: FEMA: Homeland Security no50cf4aa8Sandy Hook Shooting: No record of Lanza, Soto friends flashing Devils Horns, Sandy Hook on Batman Map gjgjjgjjSandy Hook: Why the Conspiracy snapshot_9Sandy Hook truther won’t quit Sandy Hook: emilie parker fund set up before death